Putting some thought into organizing your wardrobe can pay off. Like when you have ten minutes to get ready for an important date or when you are already late to work and need to pick something to wear in five minutes. Even zoom meetings require some amount of getting ready because that is what is considered professional. People know that you consider them important when you put in some effort into the way you present yourself before them. The same idea goes for when you dress up on Christmas day especially if you’ll be attending a party or family get together.
That is why it’s important to upgrade your wardrobe to have a variety of clothes to choose from especially during the holiday season. Below are some tips you can follow when you decide to buy new clothes.
Know your body type
Knowing your body type is the first step in discovering your fashion statement. Body types can be categorized in five ways and they are:
- Apple shape – If you have a heavier upper body, it is said to be apple-shaped. A-line or empire waist outfits work best for you. Flaunt your legs or wear a dress with a deep V neckline. Avoid bodycon dresses or tops.
- Hourglass shape – This is an ideal body shape as the top and bottom are proportionate. Wear outfits that cinch at the waist. To flaunt your waistline wear a belt that sits where your belly button is. You can wear body-hugging dresses that follow your natural curves
- Pear shape – If styled correctly with this shape you can create the illusion of an hourglass figure.. Wide-legged pants, A-line skirts, or dresses with patterned tops that add definition to the upper body are best for you.
- Rectangle shape – This is like the hourglass figure minus the defined waistline. Draw attention to your hands and legs. A-line skirts, ruffled and layered tops, dresses that add definition to your bottom or necklines can emphasize your upper body well
- Inverted triangle shape – This is a very athletic-looking body type. Straight-cut jeans and dresses that have an inverted V-look will best suit your body.
Discover your personal style
Personal style is wearing just about anything with a great deal of confidence. It also means knowing well what suits your body type and what doesn’t. Once you’ve figured out your personal style, you don’t need any fashion advice.
Read fashion magazines
Make sure you get your fashion advice from the right places. Magazines like Vogue and Cosmopolitan are known to be authorities on the subject of fashion. Also, make sure you don’t just blindly follow trends. Use your gut feel. Experiment a little and soon you’ll figure out what suits you
Consider online shopping
Online shopping can be a real boon if you know perfectly well what works for you and what doesn’t. If you’ve been getting fashion advice from the right places, shopping online can work for you. Online shopping is more rewarding because of the sheer variety that you’re exposed to. You can buy skinny jeans, hoodies, Christmas shirts and just about anything online. However, you need to be sure of what you’re looking for.
Search online for fashion influencers
Fashion influencers are that bunch of hot people who can make anything look good. You can find them on all popular social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook. Some even create blogs or vlogs to flaunt their style. Take inspiration from them but always remember to personalize any trend before you try it.
Upgrading your wardrobe doesn’t always mean that you need to spend a fortune, always buy clothes that work as an investment. It may mean spending a little more money but if you can already think of ten different ways of styling that black skirt, you simply have to buy it.